Sunday 1 April 2018

CD Sunday - No Patterned Paper

Thanks to everyone who entered my Rabbit, Rabbit theme last week. I'll be looking through all the entries again to try and pick a Top Three - I don't think it will be an easy task!
This time at the CD Sunday Challenge it's Meg's turn to choose a theme and she's gone with No Patterned Paper. I think all the design team have gone with an image from a craft CD (I'll have to read all their blog posts to check) whereas I've gone for a plain paper as my item from a CD.


I've had to take a photo of the card with it lying flat in order to show the inside behind the cut away front.
There were a lot of stages to this card that needed to be done in the right order so I made a prototype first. This is something I do quite often if I'm not sure how the finished card will look. I either use cheap plain white card or if I've used good cardstock I'll cut out any good parts and use them for another make.
The starting point for this card was a new item I'd bought made by Marianne Design. It's called 'Design Folder Deluxe - Anja's Flower Border DF3444'. You get an embossing folder (I think it's 6 x6) that has two different designs - one at the top and one at the bottom. There's also a die that matches the top half of the folder and a strip die with a wavy edge. There's currently 2 different designs in this range and they're both really pretty. But enough of the advertising LOL!
The first thing I did was to line the inside of the card with a paper from a Creative Crafting World CD. It's called Perfect Papercrafting Companions, Disc 2 and the colour I picked was called Seafoam - a really pretty green. I then used the embossing folder to emboss a piece of card and as I wanted a bit of shimmer I used Centura Pearl Snow White A Hint of Silver. I trimmed it to fit the card blank, turned it sideways and chopped off the corners! This was glued over the green paper and I die cut corners from the same card stock and glued them so the green paper showed through. The corner dies where in a set of dies called Marianne Design Creatables Petra's Heart. To finish the inside I printed the same green paper onto white card and then die cut a mat for the sentiment. The mat was cut using another Marianne Design Creatable set - Large Oval by Petra LR0240. The sentiment is a Tattered Lace die free with one of their magazines.


That was the inside done - now to tackle the front!
I covered half the front of the card blank with the green paper and after checking the size of the flowery die I die cut the wavy edge. I then cut and embossed the flowery die from the Centura Pearl card stock and glued it to the front of the card. I then went back to the Large Oval die set and cut out 2 mats - the larger from the Centura Pearl card and the smaller one from the green paper printed onto white card. I glued the larger oval onto the front of the card, overlapping the flowery die a little and tucking it under some of the flowers and leaves. It felt a little flimsy so I cut another large oval from plain white card and glued it to the back to strengthen it. The smaller green oval was then layered on to the larger oval using foam pads.


I then glued a ribbon flower with a gem centre to the front and pushed some handmade hatpins into the silicon glue. I finished the card off by adding clear gems to the centres of all the flowers in the die cut and colouring the leaves with a Promarker. I ran out of tiny gems and think the ones I used for the smaller flowers are too big. I also don't like the colour green (Mint Green) I used for the leaves but ran out of time to change it. Before I give the card to anyone I'll probably change the gems and try and recolour the leaves.
This is a side on photo with the card slightly open.





Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a Cd such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the Cd you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a Cd or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.  

I'd like to enter this card into the Creative Crafting World challenge.






9 comments:

  1. I never tire of seeing your wonderful creations Pamela. What imagination. A fabulous card.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning work Pamela, thank you so much for picking up on the alternative to no patterned papers and using a plain one printed from a CD love this card perfect in every way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is super, what a beautiful card, love all the intricate detail you have popped into it. Thanks for sharing with us on the Creative Crafting World Challenge this month, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card and such a lot of work gone into it's creation.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous make thank you for joining us at https://creative-crafting-world.blogspot.co.uk we really enjoy visiting your blog to see your stunning makes hugs sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the die cuts and there's a lot of work gone into this card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, lovely colours and detail.
    Thank you for joining us at Craeative Crafting World.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Pamela, if I received a card like this it would be permanently on display. The detailling is so beautiful.

    I am going to have to investigate the design folder you've used. I have the oval die and love it.

    Your hatpins are beautiful, so pretty. It must have taken you a long time to create your card but it was well worth it, and so beautifully decorated on the inside too. As you've probably realised - I love your card!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Pamela, such a fabulous design - so pretty.
    Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Crafting World.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.