Friday 27 May 2016

Somthing beginning with B - 2

I'm really enjoying my crafting at the moment and spent quite a bit of time in my craft studio last weekend which resulted in a second card for the CD Sunday challenge. This time my 'Something beginning with B' is Beach, although it could also be Birthday or even Baby sister. She will be 47 on her birthday but she's still my baby sister!
I've used a Joanna Sheen Cd called the Faye Whittaker Collection, I love the images on this cd and should use it more often. I printed the topper and the 2 backing papers onto Iced Diamond card to give the scene a shimmery look. I cropped and resized the sky/sea and sand papers until they lined up with the sky and sea line on the topper. I then covered the join with a piece of ribbon that I've had for ages and chose similar colours for the mats and layers. The pink mat is glitter card and the orange one is white card coloured with a Promarker as I couldn't find the right shade of orange in my vast stash!
 

 
I then remembered I had some embellishments that would tie in with the beach scene. The star fish was originally pale lilac but I coloured it blue with a Promarker.



 
The insert was finished off with an offcut from the sky/sea backing paper.

3 comments:

  1. Oh we have been busy having fun in the craft room, I love the images on this CD too, it does make you think of long summer lazy days, I hope we get plenty soon.
    Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Pamela. Your colour matching is perfect too. I love the added embellishments. ...just finishes it off. Thank you for playing along with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Pamela and perfect for sisters. That's two lovely cards you've shared with us this time around.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.