Saturday 19 October 2013

Double Spooks!

Why 'double' spooks? Because I'm entering this card into two blog challenges and the theme for both of them is Spooky! I love Halloween and it's great to see so many other crafters like it enough to make Halloween themed items.
Every item I've used to make this card is more than 6 months old - in the case of the Fiskars Texture plate it's more like 7 or 8 years old LOL!
The hedgehog is half of a Penny Black stamp called 'Guess'. I put masking tape over his companion before inking the stamp up. The poor thing looks as if he's shaking in his shoes (do hedgehogs wear shoes?). I'd be just as terrified if a real spider was dangling above me but this one is too cartoony to bother me. I know it's irrational but I hate the things - especially when they start moving, that's me gone in the other direction!

 
 
I've used a backing paper that was free to download from Bearly Mine Designs.  A warning if you click the link - there's some seriously scrummy downloads and there's also an online shop. I've embossed black Core'dinations card with a spider's web Fiskars Texture Plate then sanded it back to reveal the Kraft card core. All the stickers are from Poundland bought about 2 years ago and I've still loads left. My local Poundland  doesn't seem to be stocking as much craft stuff now, I used to spend loads in there! Finally I added the Penny Black hedgehog that's been separated from his kind friend who was bringing him a birthday present.
 
The challenges I'm entering are:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Penny Black stamp 'Guess'
Oldie but A Goodie Challenge - Everything I've used is more than 6 months old.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love how you have done this Pamela. Very clever with the Co-ordinations card. And just using one hedgehog with his eyes covered - inspirational.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello PP, what a great card, I love your ingenuity! Thank you so much for joining us at an Oldie But A Goodie Challenge, keep using up all that stored stash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooktacular card - love how you've adapted that stamp...I may have to steal that idea! lol
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie & Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.