Saturday 24 March 2012

1 card style - 2 cards (part 1).

I've recently been looking through old craft magazines for some quilling designs for a card I wanted to make. I came across a tutorial for some card styles and liked the look of one they called a 'box' card. I would call it a 'box frame' card as it provides a frame for a central image. As the days are rushing by I needed to make another card for the challenge at Debbees CDs DT Delights blog before it closes on 25th March. So I decided to have a go at the box card. Deb's provides free papers to download and I used the card topper/decoupage base. I cut the frame from around the topper and used it on the border of the card. The middle of the topper was then used as a central image. I resized the topper using MCS to make a square as it was initially a rectangle. I then went to town with peel off borders and corners and pink pearls!
And the card from the side showing the depth of the 'box'.
I was very pleased with how the card turned out and I knew the style would suit the quilling I was thinking of doing....... but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see that card LOL! It's my last week as a Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog and the card is for the new theme from Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Wowser this is magnificent, I love all of the depth, I cant do wuilling too fiddly lol, have a good day hunnie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Pamela. Nice to see different shapes/designs of cards and I like this idea a lot. Love the pearls too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Pamela and yes - a pink pearl moment. Thank you for joining us.
    Carol
    xx
    Debbees CD's DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi me darlin beautiful cards both of them hun, thanks for popping by my blog too I really appreciate it, have alovely afternoon huggies from me xxxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.