Sunday 23 October 2011

My Halloween makes.

I don't know why but I love Halloween - perhaps it's because it's near my birthday and I'm often refered to as The Welsh Witch! LOL! So when I was told that it was one of the themes for my month as Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog I knew I'd be in my element. This is going to be a long post with several photos so make yourselves comfortable. The first photo is a group shot of the items I've made.
I'll start with the item that I made first and which took me the longest - the bunting.
I opened MCS and typed the word Halloween using a font called Parry Hotter. Some letters were coloured purple and every other coloured orange. I then dragged in a circle, coloured it orange, copied it 4 times and placed them behind the purple letters. I did the same to make purple circles to put behind the orange letters. These were cut out, along with slightly larger circles from black card, and matted and layered together. I then went and searched through my cd roms to find Halloween BPs and found some on Joanna Sheen's The Cardmaker's Year and Crafter's Companion Autumn & Winter. These were cut into triangles and the letter circles stuck onto them. After threading them onto some cord I decided I needed a few more triangles so cut some from Coredinations card, embossed them in my Wizard and sanded them to reveal the coloured core. As I was putting the embossing folders away I found one I hadn't used - an A6 haunted house. So I played around with the folder and coredinations card and liked the result so much I made a Halloween card from it. It's matted onto silver holographic card and BP from the Crafter's Companion cd rom but the colour was changed to look like the dead of night. I must admit this is my favourite out of everything I made.
Next I made a party invitation which I based on a design from a craft magazine. The bat paper is again from the Crafter's Companion cd but I opened it in MCS and darkened the colour. The foam bat was given to me by my neighbour but it was purple so I coloured it with a black Promarker (resulting in very black fingertips!). I had some googly eyes that I was going to use but they were far to large so made some small circles using an office hole punch and black dots from a fine nib pen. The wording was done in Word using the Parry Hotter font again and wordart.
All that was left now was to make some little bags of sweets for the trick or treaters. I used several BPs from different sources and got the idea from a blog called It's All Fiddle Fart.
Starting at the back. The eyeballs and skulls are from a very talented artist's blog - Vince. He regularly has free digis of his amazing artwork that can be downloaded. The eyeball packets contain eyeball sweets and the skull packets have skull rock sweets. The RIP headstones, red devils and green frogs are clipart from the internet, opened in MCS, resized and tiled. RIP packets are 'body parts' sweets, devils and frogs have red and green jelly beans respectively. Bats, flying witches, ghosts and pumpkins again are all from the Crafter's Companion cd and colours changed in MCS to match the colours of the sweets (jelly beans). If you're still with me - well done! And I hope I've given you some ideas for your own Halloween celebrations. Next Sunday is my last week as Guest Designer for CD Sunday (sigh). I've already made my 'item' as I'm away for the weekend and will have to schedule my blog posting - fingers crossed Mr Blogger wants to play nice!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous selection of items here Pamela, you sure know how to plan a party. I love everything you've done but really like the card, you've been a great guest so far.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pamela you have been busy and I've sure an trick or treaters out on Halloween round your way will love all those specially prepared treats.

    The bunting looks fab too.

    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is the word I am going to use as well. You have done an amazing amount and it looks great. I echo Jenny's sentiments - your contribution as our GDT this month is fantastic.
    Hugs
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another WOW from me too. You have certainly enjoyed doing this weeks challenge and it shows.
    Your trick or treaters will enjoy visiting you.
    I echo the sentiments made by Jenny & Carol - you have given us fantastic creations as our GDT this month.
    Enjoy the freebies from BMD, lots on there.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela, thank you very much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. You have been one really busy lady, haven't you? I like everything you made but I really love the party invitation!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.